Skip to main content

homework?!?

I went to boot camp this morning. I love it. Like, really love it! The PT said to everyone today that he loves that hone he looks over at me, I am always smiling! Even in the middle of a squat! It makes me feel empowered and I feel a sense of belonging there and we all know, that as bigger girls, gyms can have the absolute opposite feelings sometimes. After the bootcamp, I approached the PT and asked if I could have a quick 3 minute chat about my goals and nutrition. I let him know how I am eating 1000 calories per day and if I up the calories my weight starts going up, but if I workout more, I haven't got enough energy by the end to give it my best. He turned to look at me and said, "let me guess. you are about 90kgs right? So many of my female clients get to that weight and plateau". Then he asked me if I had some free time.

We met at his office and he gave me a nutrition talk for 40 minutes. Did I mention that my PT is just one of those people that you can't help but love a little bit when you meet them? He is positive, giving, understanding, spunky but not in an intimidating way and most importantly, he knows his shit! Anyhow, after his talk it made so much more sense to me. The biggest thing that struck me was that, to gain a kilo of fat you actually need to eat 7750 calories MORE than you should! I was dumbfounded! How much was I eating when I was 132kg???? I realised that it's actually quite difficult to become fat! You have to eat the 1800 calories your body needs per day and then 7750 calories MORE than that!!! Then, when I went to leave he gave me some homework. He said that I had probably got stuck in a comfortable rut. Eat this much, exercise this much, stay the same. And any changes resulted in a gain, so I got too scared to change. So, my homework is to weigh in on a Saturday with him and this will be my ONLY WEIGH_IN FOR THE WEEK! I am also going to increase my calories to 1100 per day and to counteract that, we are going to increase my weights in every workout session.

We are going to they it for 1 week and then I'll check in with him and we'll reevaluate!

I'm so excited for change and accountability and the support of an amazing new mentor.

Hugs,

FFFxoxo

Comments

  1. What an awesome trainer, can't wait to see how you go this week with his guidance :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that your PT does both exercise and nutrition consults. That's really wonderful. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure that will do the trick. I have a hard time staying off the scales. I mean, like I weigh three or four times per day some days. If I'm wearing a lot of clothes, I'll weigh to see how much they weigh. Or I'll feel like I've peed a lot one day, so I'll weigh. It is crazy I know. I made a pact with a friend not to weigh for three weeks. I was scared that I would gain all sorts of weight without that accountability. I didn't and I even felt better without weighing.

    I can't wait until Saturday to hear how well this new plan works.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1,000 calories does seem very low, but in my experience people with a history of obesity are not able to eat as many calories as we "should" be able to. I eat about 1,200 a day to lose and 1,400 to maintain. I exercise daily for 1-2 hours.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment